Saturday 24 December 2011

Twas The Night Before Christmas...

Christmas decorations · Taking walks surrounded by the snowy scenery · Christmas movies! · Delicious food

"It's the most wonderful time of the year -ding-dong-ding-dong-"
There's only one more night to go until Santa makes his way down everyone's chimney and now that school has finished i am finally in the Christmas mood! I personally love seeing all the decorations and pretty lights everywhere, it's so festive. Although there is yet to be any snow where i live, i love seeing the street coated with a white frosting, not to mention how fun sliding on the ice can be.

However, my all time favourite thing about this time of year has got to be the Christmas films.  Every Christmas Eve, without fail, my mother and i watch Elf and tonight is certainly no exception. I'm going to use my scnazzy new Wagamama cooking book to whip up some sort of noodle dish and watch Elf in delight as i have done  for the past seven years or so. Speaking of cooking, Christmas is the time that i embrace food to the maximum; with helpings of yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets and a good old roasted parsnip to warm my tummy, i am in my absolute element. I'm making lemon meringue pie and helping with the Christmas dinner, yummy.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas filled with the people you love and heavenly food.

Merry Christmas!
mollie
images via weheartit

7 comments:

  1. This post is adorable, it's definitely put me in even more of a Christmassy mood! I get just as excited for Christmas Eve and Boxing Day as I do Christmas Day! All the food you mentioned sounds so good! I haven't seen Elf this year :-(. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe, just a few days before the new year... A not ordinary Christmas brought me a great rock music evening. I've red that your blog is a place for musical findings, so you can include one of our native bands at your list. It's in my last post.
    Hope you had a lovely holiday. Be ready for the next celebration! ;)
    yorkshire puddings...yum yum yum :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a great post. I hope you had an amazing Christmas. I love watching the Muppets Christmas Carol every single year on Christmas eve.

    And that pic of home alone, brilliant. Those films never get old! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these Christmas pcitures :) Christmas films are so fun to watch! Hope you had a great one, Mollie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for your comment! The photos of the scenery look great - I wish we had snow in Australia though. Nonetheless, hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for Christmas, Home alone is one of my favourite christmas movies haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The grinch is definitely one of my favourites! Hope you had a lovely christmas x

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment!
oh gosh, i get way too excited.