Thursday 13 February 2014

La Vita è Bella

In preparation for my uni interview at Manchester I thought I'd watch an Italian film that I recorded on the tv a few weeks ago and it turns out that it is one of the most marvellous, heart-warming and altogether happiness-inducing films I have ever seen.
 Roberto Benigni not only directs but also stars as the most charming character who doesn't give up on his love for his "Principessa" by displaying a good old fashioned wooing. Beginning as a humorous display of his affections for Dora, the film starts as a witty light hearted comedy but by the end I was in tears from the length Guido would go to in order to protect his son from the horrors of the holocaust. And I don't cry at films often so it must be a good one. It doesn't help that his son Giosué is the most adorable little thing too. 

3 comments:

  1. naw sounds like a cute movie. Are you taking italian classes? I used to take italian when I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about this film but I've never watched it! Good luck with the interview :)

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment!
oh gosh, i get way too excited.