Friday 17 July 2015

PARKLIFE 2015

Main Stage • MK MK MK • Crowd ft. wired guy • Me and Liverpool Liz <3

A little late post on my time at Parklife! Living in the city centre, Heaton Park was a short tram / Parklife party bus ride away and the i n c r e d i b l e line-up was unmissable, how could I say no?

My personal highlights included MK and Duke Dumont. MK's set was at an out-of-the-way stage down a long road lined with trees. It was pretty spectacular especially when he span "My Head Is A Jungle". However, I was a little disappointed that he didn't play more of his popular remixes, it was more of a hardcore house set without prominent melodies or lyrics. Duke Dumont was incredible. We started out on the crowded outskirts of the tent but before the set had finished we had managed to tactically manoeuvre ourselves to the middle of the crowd, which was surprisingly spacious. He played all his hits ("I Got U" was BANGIN') and also included some floor fillers which I loved.

A new DJ I discovered at the festival was Hannah Wants. I hadn't really listened to her much before but her set was insanely good, playing so many old school tracks such as "Little Bit Of Luck" and "Do You Really Like It" ~is it is it wicked~. We were all pleasantly surprised by the set that Karen Harding performed too and left with a major girl crush.

Unfortunately I haven't got over the fact that I missed FKA twigs and we also didn't arrive early enough for Fuse ODG which was a shame because the sunny weather would have been a perfect match for his afro beats. Nonetheless, we did have the BEST pulled pork and nacho cheese fries ever that day.

Also, after my boyfriend showed me a video of DJ EZ's set I am now obsessed and truly gutted that I didn't see him. Granted, Duke Dumont was amazing (they were on at the same time, the downfall of festivals) but DJ EZ would have provided that little bit of hip hop and grime to the festival that I thought was lacking with all the dance and electronic DJs.

So I would highly recommend Parklife to anyone who is thinking about going. There's no camping, amazing artists and a great choice of food. However, alcohol and food is about £5 a pop so if you're planning on spending there, you better save up! Also, as a side note, there was a lot of dilated pupils walking around. So be prepared for the wiredness.

1 comment:

  1. So jealous that you got to see Duke Dumont, i loveeee i got u, sounds like you had a fab time!! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment!
oh gosh, i get way too excited.