Sunday 29 September 2013

Poetry Corner: Neil Hilborn

I'm sure those of you with a tumblr will have seen a video of a bearded man in a plaid shirt passionately performing a spoken word piece entitled 'OCD'. I remember watching it and thinking "who is this man and why won't someone love me as much as he loves the subject of his poem?" Then I discovered Button Poetry and was opened up to the wonderful world of the spoken word, and of course this fine fellow named Neil Hilborn.

OCD Neil Hilborn - "I can't breathe because he only kisses her once. He doesn't care if it's perfect. I want her back so bad I leave the door unlocked."


One Colour Neil Hilborn and Renee Schminkey - "Do not confuse one story for all stories. Do not stare at a red dot and say 'the whole painting is just one colour.'"


Mating Habits Of A North American Hipster Neil Hilborn - "Observe how they keep their faces as relaxed as possible so as not to seem too invested in the activity at hand"

There isn't much that I can add to this other than professing my love for the above performances. The last is a slightly more satirical piece that is spot on, just to finish the post off. Go check out some more of Neil's work and the other fine artists on the Button Poetry youtube channel and the Button Poetry tumblr. It's well worth your time.

2 comments:

  1. I commented on the wrong post! Oops! But thanks so much for posting this! I'm sending it to friends as I type :)

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg he's absolutely incredible! The first one nearly made me cry so so beautiful thank you for posting this I'm obsessed now aha gonna send it to my sister right now ah shell definitely shed a tear shes even soppier than me!Beauty post xo

    ohsofashionxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thankyou for taking the time to comment!
oh gosh, i get way too excited.